June 1, 2005

Brian Greene: This he believes

Brian Greene, U Columbia Physicist and author of The Elegant Universe, said the following on a National Public Radio feature on 5-30-05. Quote:

I believe we owe our young an education that captures the exhilarating drama of science.
I believe the process of going from confusion to understanding is a precious, even emotional, experience that can be the foundation of self-confidence. I believe that through its rational evaluation of truth and indifference to personal belief, science transcends religious and political divisions and so does bind us into a greater, more resilient whole.
I believe that the wonder of discovery can lift the spirit like Brahms' Third Symphony.
I believe that the breathtaking ideas of science can nourish not only the mind but also the soul. Link.

No comments: